Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Looking back on Adeline's first birthday luau

For my first post I thought I would start by reminiscing a little about my daughter’s first birthday party. She is turning two in a few weeks and it feels like we were celebrating her first birthday just yesterday.


Since Adeline is a summer baby we decided a luau party would be perfect. I set the tone with a luau themed invitation. I found a grass skirt for her to wear in the picture and I loved how they turned out. For decorations I used mainly bright orange, yellow pink and green accented with fun luau themed table ware. For table cloths I found straw beach mats and dusted them with fun luau themed glitter. And cute little "luau duckies". I had no problem finding Luau Party Supplies



For refreshments we served food from a local Hawaiian BBQ. We also had the baker that made our wedding cake do her birthday cake.
I had originally planned on making pink lemonade cupcakes but at the last minute I remembered that I am hopeless when it comes to baking and ordered her cake. Since I waited until the last minute I couldn't do a custom luau themed cake but her cake turned out delicious none the less. For Addie’s smash cake I made a non-dairy and egg and gluten free cake due to her milk sensitivity at the time. I took apart a lei to decorate it with. Here is her cake and a picture of her enjoying it!




Celebrating Addie’s first year was such a blast. I can’t wait to celebrate her 2nd birthday in a few weeks with a butterfly themed bash! Stay tuned for details!

No comments: