Sunday, July 20, 2008

Adeline's butterfly themed 2nd birthday party

Yesterday we celebrated Adeline's 2nd birthday with a butterfly themed bash. Addie is just getting over strep throat and was a tad bit cranky but after the festivities got started we had a great time.

For invitations I used a double sided invitation very similar to the garden party invitation on my site.
For decorations I purchased inexpensive paper lanterns and butterfly and dragonfly decorations from a local craft store. I also hung ribbon and some smaller lanterns from the curtain rods.


For food I ordered finger sandwhiches from a local tea room and served potato salad, fruit and spinich salad as sides. I served them on the Mod Butterfly tableware from celebrate express. For desert we had bright colored cupcakes and ice cream. Typically Addie is a big fan of sweets but she wasn't too into it yesterday.


Finally, the favors for the little girls were little butterfly wings and for the boys I had stuffed aligator toys. Here is Addie's friend Maddie modeling her wings.


We had a great time celbrating yesterday with family and friends. We feel very blessed that Addie has such wonderful people in her life.

No comments: